Wednesday, August 7, 2013

sevenmonths.

Wait, didn't I just type the six months post? 
Seriously, that one month needs to last a little longer. It's like... I need more time to realize the first half of her first year is actually over. She is now closer to turning a year than she is to the day she was born. WHATTHE.





Milestones this month:

  • Started drinking water in her bottle at mealtimes! You LOVE water!
  • When you wake up, you have been looking at your hands, grabbing your fingers and just studying away! So precious to see you do this!
  • You've also discovered the details of the face. You grab all over ours when we hold you! I mean, it hurts, but it's all in the name of growth & discovery, right?
  • You are TRYING so hard to do different things with your mouth! You've watched us blow raspberries and you just suck your lips in and don't know where to go from there. You love it when daddy pouts his bottom lip out. Of course it's another thing to grab for you!
  • Crawling on our stomachs! (So I guess that's scooting?) Baby girl, you are MOBILE! If you want something, it doesn't stand a chance! 
  • We can wear hair clips! Your hair is long enough to clip something in! I still prefer headbands, but having options is great :)
  • We've upgraded from plain ol' rice cereal to apple cinnamon oatmeal and you LOVE it! I can't get it in your mouth fast enough!
Things you like this month:
  • Anything "peek-a-boo" and "where's...?" You never fail to laugh and it's so entertaining!
  • Your voice! You only use consonants when you're tired or fussy, so no real "mamas" or "dadas" yet... but you loooove to yell and "sing".
  • Sleeping on your little blankie (I hate the word 'lovie', but that's basically what it is). You sleep on your tummy and always put your head near your silky blankie!
  • Your walker and bouncer! I can get a good 20-30 minutes of entertainment for you right there!
  • Seeing me open the car door! You smile so big every time you know I'm going to get you out of the car!
  • Banging EVERYTHING! All these new noises make you so happy. About to start calling you "bam bam".
  • Seeing me walk into the room. I love that I can make you that happy! 
Things you don't like this month:
  • Being in your car seat. I mean, you were screaming bloody murder for a while. It's gotten better, but I think that's because I've figured out how to distract you.
  • I can't think of anything else but mangoes? You were not a fan of those... 
Other memories:
  • Your first trip to Kansas City! You are going to love the farmer's market and going antique shopping when you get older! Training you now :)
  • We are crying it out OFFICIALLY. After 3 months of my wishy washy ways and giving in to feed you because that meant sleep for both of us, I've decided to bring in the big guns: daddy. For the past 2 nights, he has been the one to go in and give you your pacifier and let you fall asleep on your own. After an hour and a half(!!!) the first night, you did MUCH better last night! It also rained, so that helped :) Lord help us this week. You and I both need our first 7 straight hours of sleep......
I love you so much, baby love! You are my world and I thank God for you everyday!


No comments: